As part of the redevelopment of the prominent existing Sea Containers House office building on the southern bank of the River Thames, the construction of a new ten storey wing to the rear of the existing building linked glazed link stair core connecting old with new.
Some key technical details are:
- Ten storey beam and column type structure adjoining existing building.
- One new heavy transfer truss
- 8,000sqm metal decking, including construction handrail
- 90 minute intumescent off-site applied fire protection
- Steel frame link structure connecting the existing building with integrated steel stairs.
- The large cranked RHS structure is also designed to support the glazing.